Research Assistant / PhD Position available
We have an open research assistant / Ph.D. student position in the PassCert project! The focus is on the application of formal methods to password security. The successful candidate will work from INESC-ID in beautiful Lisbon, Portugal and collaborate closely with the PassCert team. We are open to discuss the possibility of remote working.
The deadline for application is 12 March 2021. More details
- STARTING DATE: March 2021
- DURATION: 6 months, extendable (the funding is guaranteed for the first year)
- LOCATION: Lisbon, Portugal (possibly remote)
- QUALIFICATIONS: Applicants must hold a Master’s degree in Computer Science and Engineering or related fields
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: 12 March 2021
The selected candidate will:
- Contribute to the collection of functional and security requirements for the proof-of-concept password manager and to the identification of properties that will be formally verified.
- Formally verify properties relevant to password managers (e.g. properties on generation of secure passwords and properties related to data location).
- Contribute to the development of the proof-of-concept verified password manager.
- Actively participate in and contribute to PassCert’s activities and regular meetings.
Full details, including applicable legislation and application procedures are all available in the public notice: http://www.eracareers.pt/opportunities/index.aspx?task=global&jobId=131478
If you have any questions, feel free to get in touch with João F. Ferreira.
About Instituto Superior Técnico - University of Lisbon / INESC-ID
Instituto Superior Técnico (IST) is part of the University of Lisbon and is the leading school of engineering in Portugal and among the ARWU top-20 engineering schools in all of Europe. The school aims to contribute to the development of society, promoting excellence in higher education, in the fields of Architecture, Engineering, Science, and Technology by promoting Research, Development, and Innovation activities.
INESC-ID is an R&D institute dedicated to advanced research and development in the fields of Information Technologies, Electronics, Communications, and Energy, privately owned by IST and INESC. Working in close collaboration with faculty from IST, INESC-ID is the main research center for combined Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) and Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) in Portugal.